About the position
Extenda is continuing to grow and is looking for a Solution Architect for Extenda Professional Services, the business unit which is responsible for customer implementation projects. You will be joining the Developers & Architects team which is responsible for supporting customers in bridging the needs from customer’s business with IT solutions provided by Extenda and other vendors and making them work together. As a Solution Architect your role will be to act as the link between the customers, project/program organization, developers and communication expert to stakeholders. Your responsibility will be to have a holistic view of the project in a technical perspective; as well as to identify and mitigate areas of risk.
The assignment is to focus on solutions that span multiple Extenda and Non-Extenda products and systems. This includes having an overall knowledge of all parts of the Extenda products and focusing on ensuring reuse of functionality and ensuring the enterprise architecture principles and guidelines on standards compliance in the technical architecture. Your area of interest is both to ensure the current success of the project and the ability to manage the solution and to ensure that Extenda’s and customers overall strategies are followed.
Key areas of responsibility
• Interact and collaborate with developers, external partners, internal and external customer representatives, project coordinators and architects.
• Ability to understand Extenda’s and the customer’s vision, goals and strategies and how to translate those into a solution.
• Ability to balance the effort with the gain in implementing and maintaining a certain requirement and to have the ability to envision the overall picture.
• Make sure the non-functional requirements are addressed and weighed against functional requirements.
• Ensure the traceability from business needs, requirements to the solution.
• Make sure the documentation is updated and relevant such as; System Architecture Description of the solution, Integration Guide with other systems/products, Solution design description.
• Keep track of customization to ensure it is relevant and not growing uncontrollably.
• Performs design and architectural reviews on both project/program level and also with the internal product organization to ensure the solution’s capability in terms of Configuration, Customization, Integration, Backwards compatibility, Upgradeability and Maintainability.
• Ensure compliance with internal and external standards and regulations in areas such as; Development guidelines, Development environment, Software project management and build tools, Test strategy, Branching strategy.
• Act as Tech Lead, coaching developers to ensure proper implementation.
• Stakeholder management/Technical point of contact for Extenda’s customers and end users, 3rd party vendors, Application Owners, Program/Project Managers, Testers and Test Managers, Technical Engineers, Software Developers and Other Architects within the organization.
Education & Experience
• Master degree in Computer Science or similar
• Long experience as Software Developer or Architect in general
• Experience as Java Systems Developer
• Strong communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical persons
• Leadership skills since the person is seldom manager of the other team members
• Ability to coach, influence and motivate others
• A team player – proactively offer support and feedback to colleagues
• Ability to adapting and respond to changes as well as creativity and innovation
• Experience from the retail industry.
• Experience of working with distributed teams at different geographical locations.
• Proven record of implementing and governing architectural principles, best practices and common change initiatives to secure high quality in our IT solutions.
This recruitment process is a collaboration between Extenda AB and Dfind IT. Since the selection process is ongoing, please don’t hesitate with your application. Apply by registering your CV (preferably in English) at www.dfind.se/it.